View Single Post
Old 11-26-22, 10:00 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Liked 2,050 Times in 1,161 Posts
So first ride on my Emonda since I replaced my 11 speed Shimano Ultegra with SRAM eTap AXS. Weather was sketchy, heavy clouds, but not nearly as humid as it was Friday. I did not see rain on the radar, so I decided to chance it as the temps, while not low; all the same, I just assume not get rained on. What started out to be a nice ride with the new drive train, about mile 40 miles as I turned into a nasty headwind, my knee started to really bother me. I could not understand why, this bike has been setup since 2015 and I have not touched it, and it has been gloriously comfortable. Then it dawned on me, I got shorter crank arms on the SRAM than I had with the Shimano and I did not adjust my seat post to account for it. So I started reducing the miles back to the house although I did have to crawl over a bridge that is usually a non issue, but I hobbled back into the garage 58.1 miles. Knee is really painful tonight, so I'm having some additional ice cream to go with my Tylenol. Based on how things go this week, this might end up my birthday age ride as I turn 58 on Thursday. Weather is suppose to suck all week except for a couple of day, so will probably rest it for a day and hit the trainer to see how things are.

Likes For jaxgtr: