Old 12-02-22, 08:09 AM
rapattack

Bikes: EziGo zoom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
I don't have any first-hand experience w/panniers yet, but, for my mini-velo that has much longer chainstays than any folding bicycle, I'm going to use a Racktime Foldit Fix rear rack for 20". Another rack-specialty company to peruse is AltanVelo. They seem to have a relatively large selection of racks for 20". There's also the Tern Cargo Rack. I can't confirm that any of these will afford enough distance of the panniers from your feet. I think all 20" folding bicycles I've seen w/panniers are using taller racks, originally meant for 26 or 700c wheel bicycles.
Oh thanks havent heard of these brands yet. Yes i had seen online people using tall pannier racks when touring but every day use like myself you dont see them where i am. Seems the only 20" bikes here are ebikes and the vast majority are food delivery bikes that have no rack as the drivers use bags to carry the food. Oh do you mean by afford distance from my feet in the sense my feet might hit the bags? i have a rack currently and a bag. My rack is breaking and has done for years in different places so i am used to that subject. its just a matter of adjusting things. I wouldnt know how to use a taller rack
Likes For rapattack: