View Single Post
Old 12-10-22, 10:41 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 266 Times in 129 Posts
Originally Posted by gecho
Nasty weather for the first week of December so I went a week and a half without riding. Got as cold as -30C with a -50 windchill. Even the days where temperature itself wouldn't have been tolerable, high winds would have made riding miserable.

A stretch of days ranging from -5 to -11C began 2 days ago, so I'll enjoy that while it lasts. The mtb club got a second snow groomer, so the fat bike trails are in great condition now. Riding a narrow trail repeatedly shows how inconsistent the gps accuracy is on my Garmin 830. I wonder if the GNSS receiver that will be in the upcoming 840 will be much better.
I felt cold this morning riding as low as -6C plus windchill. I couldn't imagine -30C, let alone colder than how I felt this morning. I forgot how the body feels on a cold, 2hr ride...felt like a 4hr ride. Was a good wind from NNE so I took a rail trail (mint condition) and headed NNE for first half before turning around. I actually felt worse the second half and couldn't take advantage of the wind. All good though (beats the indoor trainer)! When we do get snow I'm going to rent a fat bike at a local trail head.