View Single Post
Old 12-16-22, 03:27 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4640 Post(s)
Liked 5,171 Times in 3,198 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Why does this thread exist at all? Because of the anxiety SRAM's battery setup created in one of the posters here. To each his own; I'm very glad I don't have to deal with that.
So every SRAM owner is suddenly freaking out about their shifter batteries just because one poster is attempting to recreate a display screen they saw? Has it even occurred to you that this is not even a commonly requested feature? Even the SRAM tech guys hadn't seen it before. While you do need to monitor your mech batteries in real time, monitoring shift batteries that last for several years is not really very important. I just change them every season, like I do with my power meter battery.

I get it that you prefer Di2, but actually I would be more worried about a battery failure on that system as there is no backup. I can easily carry a spare coin cell battery and swap the mech batteries over if one dies. You have to hope that your Di2 battery is super reliable because if it does crap out (and they certainly can) then you have no gears for the rest of your ride.