DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4383 Post(s)
Liked 3,054 Times in 1,653 Posts
Originally Posted by mosinglespeeder
good day fella's: love the thread on tubulars!! I for one have been loving the recent revival for me of my love of tubulars as everyone is jumping on the tubeless train and forsaking their tubulars and selling them like they are junk, which we all know they are quality tyres. Nonetheless, they are all over and very reasonable prices given the quality, and the argument that tubies are so messy..doesn't wash when your on the roadside fixing a tubeless mess of a flat.

Nonetheless gentleman, my question is i use a 1 inch paint brush when regluing tyres and hate throwing the brush away after use, do any of your reuse your brushes and if so what do you do to preserve them?? soaking in mineral spirits or what?? I am not sure what to do but would love to hear advice

thanks!!
I like using these acid brushes - they're too cheap to bother trying to re-use... $10 for probably a lifetime supply.
The mineral spirits to preserve them probably costs more than they're worth, even if it worked.

Before brushes I used the "baggie on finger" method... didn't try to preserve the baggies either.
I also have a syringe thing that works great for filling in gaps.

Last edited by DiabloScott; 12-19-22 at 10:00 AM.
Likes For DiabloScott: