Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked 1,132 Times in 661 Posts
[QUOTE=JacobLee;22753073]
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Thanks. I an looking for an Octalink / ISIS bottom bracket. This has all the other attributes, but not quite what I was searching for.[/QUOTE

Isis and Octalink are two different systems, and not interchangeable. Wasn't sure if that's been made clear.

OK - here's what I found as I was fiddling around.

Once upon a time I had a bike set up with an ISIS double crank mounted to an ISIS bottom bracket. The bottom bracket failed after minimal miles (the sealed bearing shifter internally, and it still turns, but it definitely is not centered}. Since then I received a Shimano triple that I'm presuming is Octalink. As an experiment, I screwed the left crankarm to the loose ISIS BB. It attached without issue.

Yesterday, I received an Octalink BB (for a triple) which I purchased from one of jdawg's suggested eBay links. I put it in the frame and attached the Shimano triple without issue.

I'm still on the lookout for a BB that will mate to that original ISIS double crankset. At this point, I am not even sure if I have the crankarm bolts for it, so I can't test out compatibility with the Octalink BB that I just purchased. Perhaps I stumbled across certain combination of parts that seemed to be compatible. So at this point. I'm likely only going to consider an ISIS double BB, but frankly, I am where I was really needing to be parts-wise with that triple ring on the touring bike I am building up to pass along in spring.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and education.