Old 01-03-23, 09:42 AM
sbarner 
Paramount Fan

Bikes: Paramounts, Raleigh Pros, Colnago, DeRosa, Gios, Masis, Pinarello, R. Sachs, Look, D. Moulton, Witcomb, Motobecane, Bianchis, Fat City, Frejus, Follis, Waterford, Litespeed, d'Autremont, others, mostly '70s-'80s

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 260 Times in 139 Posts
1990 fr1

Here's my 1990 Fuso FR1. I bought it as a frameset 17 years ago and, in my quest to have one of each of Campy's first four attempts at indexed shifting, built it up with Croce d'Aune and sewups. I think the Regina 7-speed freewheel is a 13-26, because I don't think I could have climbed the local mountain pass on it if it only had a 24 and I'm too lazy to count teeth. All I can say is that, with the exception of one cog, the first generation Syncro shifters change gears flawlessly, even if the clicks are a bit vague. Pretty good for a system that many people report cannot be made to work at all. The Delta brakes also work quite well, in spite of what people who have probably never ridden them say. The bike rides beautifully and about the only negative thing that I can say about it is "Really, Dave, just what were you thinking with that lame pump peg on such an otherwise beautiful frame?"

Likes For sbarner: