Old 01-04-23, 10:30 AM
zastolj

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
First, I'm with you on wired "cyclocomputer" odometers. Inexpensive, reliable, remember to change batteries every year (or two) instead of having to recharge after every ride (or week's worth of rides).

Not sure what your hangup is with cable ties. By the time I mount a wired unit, it's going to stay there and not be switched from one bike to another. It just takes a few more minutes to make sure the ends of the ties are oriented so I don't see or grab them regularly.

But if you want something with an O-ring mount (and are you really going to twirl the wires around the fork??), is there some reason you're only looking at Sigma? Other manufacturers made these, and you could be looking at Cateye, Planet Bike, etc.
Really no reason for a Sigma in particular but I'd like a known brand with a history. I've looked a Cateye too but it looks like they have the same issue.

Well maybe it's an issue only in my mind, I guess I just have a thing for o-rings haha...

Like you said, I've grown tired of charging my GPS! Plus I don't have any use for the huge amount of data it gathers or even the navigation features.