Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6330 Post(s)
Liked 4,925 Times in 3,389 Posts
Originally Posted by yannisg
Today, I saved the ride and the Garmin worked normally. After saving the ride I shut the unit off, and then switched it on, and it worked.
In the previously mention cases I don't specifically remember that after saving the ride I plugged the unit into the cable from the USB hub, to download the ride and it went "dead".
Most likely that was the case so it must be a matter of the cable or the hub. The cable is a Garmin cable.
I'll watch how this develops.
Thanks for the response.
Do you not have your Edge 530 connected via Bluetooth to the Garmin App on your smartphone or to the Wi-Fi in your home? If you do, then your Edge 530 automatically will save and send your ride activities to the Garmin Connect website for your review with a PC or MacBook. And if you allow, then also to RideWithGPS, Strava and some others too.

Never anything needed to connect it to except a charger. My Edge 530 has my rides saved and uploaded before I ever get in the house most of the time. Having that Wi-Fi connection or Bluetooth through the Garmin phone app really makes map, software and firmware updates a cinch.