Old 01-22-23, 03:08 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2531 Post(s)
Liked 764 Times in 535 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck M
The OP posted
To be a requirement for all businesses, it would have to be an ordinance would it not? At the minimum it would seem that would be zoning at the local level. An ordinance requiring a business that is not going to get patrons using a bike is overreach and abuse of government IMHO. I live in a very bike friendly community and I appreciate the efforts my local government has made to provide clearly marked bike lanes and signage. But if they even discussed an ordinance that it is to be "required to have a good bike rack out in front of all businesses" I would think they need their heads examined. I don't know how the hell you got we are doomed to anarchy out of my opinion.
Not just doomed, something even worse. I need a much stronger word. The American distaste for guvmint has indeed led to a culture of near anarchy and its killing us all. Some slowly, some quickly but we are all dying faster than our genetic predispositions would normally determine. The inconsistent deployment of bike racks and other bike infrastructure has a definite effect on bike utilization. Negatively.
Likes For Leisesturm: