View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 06:47 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
For my road bike rides, Kryptonite Mini 7, if I carry a lock at all. I don't often stop at stores on my road bike workout rides, usually carrying everything I need -- drinks, snacks, etc. If I do stop at a couple of familiar stores, I'll wheel the bike inside. They don't mind.

The Mini 7 will slip into jersey pockets although they tend to sag. It's cleverly designed to fit snugly in a standard jeans rear pocket, so I'm more likely to carry it on casual group rides and pub crawls with stops.

For my errand hybrid bike with racks and panniers, a massive On Guard U-lock and stout cable to thread through the wheels. The bike is already heavy, so I don't notice the extra weight.
This, including the Mini 7. I mostly ride without a lock and just carry all of my provisions from home. I will carry it if I am meeting someone for coffee or food somewhere. I did just put a nice full length frame bag on my bike that can carry the u-lock inside it. Before that I would use the messenger trick of feeding the U part of the u-lock between my shorts and a belt and it holds surprisingly well. I mostly ride in regular shorts (Mission Shorts from Ornot) these days as more of a casual get up.

Last edited by tricky; 02-01-23 at 06:51 PM.