Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked 1,661 Times in 955 Posts
Originally Posted by Writenride
Hi, well, I'm reluctantly selling the bulk of my bicycle and bike part collection, but much to my dismay, I'm really having a hard time parting ways with all the parts, frames, wheels, and other components I invested my time/money/effort in. I suppose that's common right? People have been after me for a very long time to sell these parts.

But I'm afraid I've:
1. Ran out of room.
2. Don't ride as much as I used to (but plan on changing that this season [fingers crossed].
3. Time to move on and do something else.

Personally, I want to sell all I got and invest in a new frame set, and I know which one. Still, I'm only one guy. Why do I have so many bicycles {self talking and others, too}?
Because of this, I have a question, how do you usually cope with this and not let your emotions keep you from holding on to your possessions?

Thanks for your help.
I'm crossing this same bridge right now with a previous interest in collecting old weight plates & bars. I'm just now emptying & selling some storage houses were I've had a literal ton of iron stored, along with housing items like vinyl siding, doors, windows, wood trim, appliances etc (I have rental properties). Whereas in weight collecting I had more interesting in collecting and refurbishing old iron than lifting it - in cycling I have more interest in riding than wrenching. One day I'll come to this crossroad in bikes where I need to get rid of some things, but so far I've only sold off or given away the occasional BSO I've come across ... nothing with character.

I think I'm going to have to take the "late to the party" plunge and join Facebook just so I've have their marketplace as an avenue to reach potential buyers.

^^^ some of the "smalls" as the Pickers would say