Old 02-02-23, 01:09 PM
Outrider1

Bikes: Trek Emonda ALR 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Attilio
It's been a long time that the quiet voices about the harms of alcohol have become a chorus shout. Especially the last 5 years the evidence is pretty overwhelming there is no safe dose of alcohol. Governments, many organizations are starting to get on board with this but it's kept mostly hush for the general public. But the studies that support this are numerous, come from different sources, are looked at in different ways, are surviving the top level of peer review in many world journals. For example one study of 600,000 people found having just ONE drink a day loses you about 6 months of life expectancy. This can be different for different people but wow that's a lot. I also saw other articles and studies how Alcohol has been considered a group 1 carcinogen by the Agency of Research on Cancer for over 20 years! This puts in the same category as tobacco, radiation and asbestos. You wouldn't want to be around any of those things even for a moment now would you?

When I started to see this maybe 4 years ago I quit and haven't had a drop since. One of the best decisions I made after marriage, having kids and my job/school choice. I don't miss it.
This is the general cycling category, no?