Old 02-03-23, 09:33 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4239 Post(s)
Liked 3,974 Times in 2,363 Posts
My front brake lever is on the side that my dominate hand is on. Being righthanded this means that my brakes are not CPSC acceptable. The reasoning I decided on way back in high school is that the hand that has better fine muscle control is the one I want to use to save my life with (should I have to stop suddenly, which I have "tested" too many times since). The BS reason was when riding two bike at the same time (I believe ghost riding is the current term) I would not want to stop too quickly as with only one hand on the bars of the bike I was pedaling the chance of steering abruptly when that weight shift happened. Having a less effective initial braking force reduced this chance. That my bike was then set up different from almost all others helped me to think I was unique, so important when young Andy