View Single Post
Old 02-14-23, 01:35 PM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 183 Times in 118 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1596:

Temp is in the mid-30s today, which means black ice everywhere. I rode the winter bike with studded tires.

Forecast stated a 100% chance of rain this afternoon (which they were correct about) so when I arrived at the office I brought my winter bike inside for the first time ever. I then rolled it through to the back door and parked it on the covered patio. I reasoned that if the bike sat outside in the rain all day, my bar mitts and seat would turn into giant sponges, and then when the temp drops back below freezing tonight they would freeze solid and would take a long time to thaw.

I would have just rolled it around the outside of the building, but there's many feet of snow on the ground and I didn't want to have to trudge through it carrying the bike.

Supposed to still be raining for the ride home tonight. 35°F and rain with a headwind means I should be good and cold when I take my wife out for Valentine's Day this evening.