View Single Post
Old 02-17-23, 12:09 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11048 Post(s)
Liked 7,595 Times in 4,235 Posts
Originally Posted by Arthur Peabody
They do allow reusable shopping bags. I use one now, am hoping for something larger that attaches to my rack more securely.
My most common use is Mallwart. My gym is half-mile from the closest. After a workout I lock my panniers in a locker at the gym, take my shopping bag, bungees, and wallet to Mallwart, bring the stuff back. Sometimes it's so precarious I have to walk, which isn't too bad for half-mile. But that Mallwart just closed; now the closest is 6 miles away. One alternative is to order for pickup, but I'm used to being less organized.
You seem to be an adult, lets use adult words and call it Walmart instead of some childish term like 'Mallwart'.
Your Walmart closed? Thats rare. Ive seen em move elsewhere in town to better handle traffic, so maybe thats what you mean? Regardless, that is frustrating for sure.

When you walk into the store, just push a cart or use a basket to collect your items. Buy them, and load them into your panniers. That is no different from how one shops with reusable bags.

As for your initial post- why on earth are you walking around the store with bags bungeed around your neck? That seems...eccentric to put it nicely.