Old 03-03-23, 03:14 AM
smasha
Vegan on a bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
Ok wait, this fork has mid-fork braze-ons for a low-rider rack but isn't supposed to use one??
tbf, the "Equipped" version/package of this bike comes with fenders, and the mid-fork eyelets are used to attach the front fender. Picture, below.

Still, the threaded eyelet near the dropouts seems unable to serve any useful purpose properly. It bears repeating: What where they thinking???

One of the weird things is that the mid-fork eyelets protrude from the fork just enough that the top mounting flange of the Giant branded Rack-It low-rider front-rack mates against it, leaving just enough room to slide a few sheets of paper between the fork and the top rail of the rack. It seems kind of beautiful in its design. It's almost like that was carefully considered. Then there's that bottom eyelet… Which only laughs at me and my hopes of turning this into a city/grocery bike.

And… The bike's specs state: Fork - Alloy, rack mount, disc​

I certainly bought this bike with the understanding that it's properly compatible with a front rack, and I had every intention of installing one.

That bottom eyelet… ​​​​​​

Last edited by smasha; 03-03-23 at 03:17 AM.