Old 03-17-23, 11:22 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,053 Times in 681 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
Even at $39, the Crivit stand is still a steal. While many of the parts are plastic, it features an actual cam for the clamp instead of a bolt that needs to be twisted to tighten down. Probably one of the best deals in cycling.

A few years ago, they also had a basic bike tool kit for $19. I still use several of the tools included. Highly recommended.
I have been waiting for this repair stand to be offered at our local Lidl. I have a Park repair stand and while it is good, there are three things that I don't like about it: 1. I would prefer to clamp the seat post, however the Park stand is a fixed height that puts the drive train too low if I clamp the seat post, so I am forced to clamp the seat tube. This is an old solution. Their pro stands used to be the same way. You have to clamp the seat tube. And even the pro stand can mess up those old Fuji seat tube stickers. 2. Mine has the curved legs and the legs never are aligned so there is always a bit of rocking to the stand. 3. It takes up a lot of room for storage.

The Crivit stand is cheap enough that I willing to give it a try. I can extend the vertical tube way up and clamp the seat post. The tripod base seems to be ok. It is all those plastic joints that I am concerned about.

It is incredible that I may replace my Park stand with a cheap stand from a Supermarket. I now have two stands and the best one will stay. Probably neither one will check all the boxes.

While I was at Lidl I was tempted into buying their bike bag/tool kit for $8. Not bad for the money. It even has what is supposed to be a spoke wrench. They also label one tool as a rivet breaker but I have no idea how this would work. The rest of the tools are tire irons (plastic), screwdriver bits, Allen key bits and tube patches with a rasp.
Likes For Velo Mule: