View Single Post
Old 03-19-23, 11:32 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4546 Post(s)
Liked 6,496 Times in 3,730 Posts
Originally Posted by loglim11
Recently picked up this 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa frame and starting to plan a build (restoration?) around it. I figured it would be fun to share with you all and post updates as things progress!

This is pretty much exactly how I got the frame. That is, in pretty rough shape. No fork and completely stripped except for a bottom bracket on the side. It was abused by a previous owner and the head tube is cracked at the lower lug. So that will need repairing first. At some point it was refinished professionally (before the trauma). I was actually really impressed by the paint quality.

Overall I'm not 100% sure what direction to go with for this project, but leaning towards a custom build / partial restoration of sorts. I don't think I have the budget for a full restoration, but will be hunting for deals on the closest-to-original parts I can get. About period correct is the goal at the very least.

Should have the frame sent out for repairs in the next couple weeks. In the meantime the "casual" browsing of ebay and classifieds has already begun
This is where many of us would recommend Marinoni or Franklin frame for paint, fork and repairs, Franklin for chrome, Marinoni too I think.