View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 01:52 PM
MPStoops

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
I just moved from a 2020 Stumpjumper Alloy Comp to a 2022 Epic Evo and so far am loving it! The only upgrade I've done so far is a set of Hunt XC alloy wheels and Vittoria Mescal/Barzo tires that I had originally gotten for the Stumpy but never put on. This wheel/tire combo is just over 2lbs lighter than the stock wheels on the Epic Evo and the tires suit me better than the Ground Controls that came on the bike.

Weirdly, even though the Epic Evo has less travel than the Stumpy, I find it feels much more plush overall. Definitely far more plush on higher frequency "washboard" sort of stuff, but still able to take the bigger hits I was taking on the Stumpy. I am NOT a jumper, bike park, crazy DH rider but more a XC guy like the OP here. I like the slightly shorter wheelbase, less slack geo and the extremely lighter weight of the Epic Evo. It climbs beautifully and compared to the Stumpy it almost feels like I'm riding an e-bike at times!!

I'm very intrigued by what I've read about the RockShox Charger upgrade for the Reba fork on my bike but it looks like everything is for up to the 2017 model year only. Does anyone know if that upgrade kit would work on a 2022 model Reba?