View Single Post
Old 03-23-23, 12:06 AM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Delivered by Saudi Post these past couple of days:

Brake rotors - lots and lots of brake rotors. Four, to be exact; all 160mm. Three brand new and one barely touched by what might have been a pair of new resin pads. That one's already on the Jetstream's rear wheel:

Matches up nicely with the 170mm (that's not a typo) rotor on the front wheel:

Why? a. Because I can 😁 b. Because a 180mm won't clear the fork; and c. I've already got me my own little stockpile of 170mm rotors, so I'm all set for a while 🙂

Shimano brake adapter/caliper bolts that I ordered for... no reason at all:

I did have something in mind when I ordered them, but some later developments negated the need for them to begin with. In any case, they're here and they're handy.

And, finally, one of my biggest cycling-related eff-ups yet... my Deore 5100 shifter/RD:

This is actually my second group - which is where I effed up. I ordered the first one to replace the 8-speed Acera on my Jetstream. Before I even thought about seeing if it would even fit, I doubled down and ordered a second one to replace the (perfectly fine) 11-speed L-twoo A9 on my Hemingway. Problem is... just look how gigantic this thing is! When I tried to install the derailleur, the cage hit the tire - and the floor - before it went into third gear. So now I've ended up with not one, but two rear derailleurs that I can't use on the bikes I wanted to use them on, which is why I am what my user title says I am 😁

All is not lost, though; I can sell them locally - probably at a profit - or I can just use them to convert my two FXs to 1x... 🤔