Old 03-23-23, 04:19 AM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 4,092 Times in 1,443 Posts
Originally Posted by msalvetti
Glad you've been able to get back on the road. Good luck with your next surgery. What is the prognosis, will you regain normal vision?

Mark
Thanks for the good wishes. I had a retina tear that got a laser repair. The following week I had a fairly minor detachment in another part of the retina, so that was the second surgery. Since I was leaving for England the following week they put in silicon oil instead of the more common gas bubble since you can’t fly with that. The surgery next week is to remove the silicon oil. Is ion is apparently not good with the air bubble but gets better daily as the air bubble slowly dissipates. After a week or so the vision should get back to better than what I have right now. But my understanding is that it won’t get back to before the detachment.

And then a cataract forms from the surgery. The surgeon is expecting I’ll need cataract surgery before the end of the year. Hopefully when it’s all said and done my vision will be fairly normal, though probably not as keen as before.