View Single Post
Old 03-24-23, 11:10 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 1,622 Times in 773 Posts
Originally Posted by arsprod
I'm curious to know where folks are getting 650b skewer wheels? Everything I'm finding are through axles and I don't want to use the convertors. thanks!
There really aren't a lot of options out there for rim-brake 650b wheel sets. Cycles Toussaint currently have sets in stock for pretty cheap (though shipping from Canada may bite you, and I've got no experience with them). The dearth of options (which was even more acute early in the pandemic) inspired me to learn to build my own wheels- by waiting for VO sales, I've built up a couple 650b sets using their hubs and Voyageur rims for around $300 (including spokes). Built up several 700c wheel sets now, too. There's definitely a learning curve, and the first set I did I think I laced and re-laced a couple time before I got it right- but it gets easier and a little more intuitive each time. And by building your own, you can get exactly what you want!