Old 03-29-23, 09:03 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked 340 Times in 230 Posts
Kona! You can ride it now, and the Surly is kind of... well... boring; and with BB7 cable brake calipers on the Surly at that price? It is like ignoring 15 years of technology advancement; that is just a rip-off.

But at that price, the Jamis Steel Renegade S3 blows them both away with GRX components (with Shimano GRX full hydraulics!), high quality Reynolds steel frame and a very nice carbon fork instead of a steel one that would quickly beat you to regrets. Renegade® - Jamis® Bikes (jamisbikes.com)

Or as another alternative the VAAST A/1 at about the same price is worth consideration as well. GRX components like the Jamis but with a Magnesium frame that rides almost like carbon. Magnesium is 1/3 lighter than aluminum, 2x stronger than Titanium and 20x more dampening than steel which makes it fantastic for gravel. I rode a VAAST A/1 for half the summer last year and I found it to be the absolute best gravel bike for under $2,000. I have owner a steel Renegade for a while too and loved it as well but I found the VAAST is 'vastly' more comfortable for gravel. A/1 | allroad bicycles | vaast bikes

Last edited by dwmckee; 03-29-23 at 09:57 PM.
Likes For dwmckee: