View Single Post
Old 03-31-23, 07:10 AM
Derailed

Bikes: Priority Continuum Onyx; Hunter CX

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Thanks for the replies, although I note that after nearly a month of no responses, I had transitioned from disappointment / embarrassment to amusement that I had started a post that wasn't of interest even to readers on a specialized forum such as this. Is there a record for least-interesting post, perhaps measured by time before first response, or number of reads before first reply? I coulda been a contender!

Anyway, based on my experience thus far, and the comments above, it seems as though for a commuter like me, the best choice would most likely be either resin / organic or ceramic, with cost being the deciding factor. Personally, I'd either go with the cheapest resin / organic pads I could find (low-cost option) or splurge for some relatively high-end ceramic pads. I've started with the former (resin / organic), but if I'm disappointed with how long they last, I'll try some fancy ceramic pads. At a month in, the cheap resin / organic pads remain quiet, feel smooth and provide sufficient stopping power.