Old 04-08-23, 06:27 PM
A01082919

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by georges1
The fact that the synapse is being carbon doesn't make it necessarily a better ride.But carbon isn't as comfy as many claim it unless you are used to ride carbon bikes since a long time regularly on a long distance. Aluminium is stiff and might not be the best in comfort but its lightness make it a more nervous bike ideal for going fast on short and medium distances(of course there are several qualities and grades of aluminium, in the past Cannondale CAAD3 to CAAD8 optimo frames had the Alcoa Alcalyte Aluminium frame sticker (a sign of the highest quality in terms of aluminium tubing) nowadays no mention of the tubing quality on Cannondale today frames and no sticker made in USA as compared to Cannondales of made back then) , on long distances steel and titanium are much more comfortable. The 105 group is above Tiagra group.
Its hearing these opinions, that give me perspectives that I don’t have as a new rider. There is a difference besides the material and group set, it’s something I can’t put my finger on. But for some reason CAAD13 is preferred by many others. It’s just hearing more reason why.

Seems like the CAAD13 model is just above the Synapse. I understand that it may be more different purposes but I just want a good riding experience