View Single Post
Old 04-16-23, 11:10 PM
bikingshearer 
Crawlin' up, flyin' down

Bikes: 1967 Paramount; 1982-ish Ron Cooper; 1978 Eisentraut "A"; two mid-1960s Cinelli Speciale Corsas; and others in various stages of non-rideability.

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked 2,650 Times in 1,107 Posts
Originally Posted by billytwosheds
Take this as an opportunity to focus on the bike brands, eras, and builds you like.

There is nothing wrong with failing to find what others love in a bike.
Bingo. Spot on. YMMV, vive le difference, etc.

The top-drawer bikes, including but definitely not limited to Colnagos, are top-drawer for a reason: lots of people like how they ride. But what I like in the way a bike rides and what you like may be quite difference.

The one thing I would say is you need to ride more than a few times around the block to know that it isn't your cup of tea. Give it a month or two of regular use. It may grow on you. If it doesn't, someone else will want it. If the price you paid really was a steal, someone will take it off your hands for a similar price, maybe more, and you will not have lost any money but gained some experience about what you like and don't like in a frame.

Also, repechage makes a valid point about the size. If the saddle height in the photo is right for you, it does look to my eye like the frame is small for you. That can make a significant difference in how much you like a bike's ride. I had a top-drawer frame in 60cm. It was good but not great. I know have the same marque in 64cm, and it's the best riding bike I have ever had.