View Single Post
Old 04-19-23, 10:38 PM
FL_Gator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks so much everyone for the advice.

To be clear, this is definitely not a fit issue or tilt issue.. the numbness is resolved. Sitbones are hitting the exact ‘sweet spots’ on the saddle.. the saddle is just hard. The other BiSaddle surfaces don’t work for me because they are too shallow and my nerves bottom out on the frame, this is the only one deep enough to provide clearance.

However some good thoughts, in summary from what I’ve read here:
- taking a more aggressive back angle might relieve sitbones pressure if I can balance that with hand pressure
- maybe different bibs with a firmer pad.. my century pad is a thick, not too dense foam.
- ride more frequently, I’ve been taking 4-5 days in between to allow healing to maybe adjust but possibly that is to my detriment.

FWIW, to the holy grail comments.. the Specialized Mirror saddles, especially the Power are like a miracle. I could ride them for hundreds of miles with no sit bone soreness, truly incredible. They just don’t offer a large enough cutout for me in terms of numb.. but anyone looking for the grail should really give them a try.

Thanks everyone, I’ll try these tips.