Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Liked 2,520 Times in 1,480 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
To get the full effect, you need to follow the heat with ice water immersion, right? It would send me into V-fib arrest, but you hard guys should do it. The Finns I've sauna'd with drank beer in there.
Pre pandemic, I belonged to a gym that had a sauna and next to the gym was a cryotherapy lab. I did the cryotherapy for about a year with the idea of getting better recovery. The protocol was 3 minutes in the tank with nitrogen at minus 200 degrees F. A number of pro athletes were using this technique at the time - LeBron James and the AG2R pro cycling team to name a couple. It seemed to stop inflammation and felt great after if was over. However, inflammation is needed to get stronger so therapy like most other strategies have to be used when appropriate. I tried going right from the sauna to the cold tank. it was okay but I did not see any difference per se.

I worked for a Finnish company and was in Helsinki a lot. The Finns are capable of many interesting things and sauna behaviors are unique.
Likes For Hermes: