Old 04-23-23, 05:11 AM
Choorliez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chr0m0ly
I’m 44, graduated high school in ‘97. Tsp I don’t hanker for bikes from my youth, but from decades before. I was a motorcycle mechanic and everything I love about motorcycles, being a part of the environment, independence, the sense of freedom, is even more powerful on a bicycle than a motorbike.
I’ll always love motorbikes, but a bicycle is like a sailboat on land. Quiet, no gasoline smell, it runs on belly fat, and they’re just plain fun!
For me the older frames, from before my childhood, just have more personality. Plus every part (mostly) is compatible with every (most) frames. Then the budget… after purging my collection down to single digits from double due to a move, I have about 6 top of the line bicycles/frames from various makes and styles. No WAY could I afford this embarrassment of machinery in new bicycles. Besides, everyone knows Crabbon Fibber can asplode spontaneously and with great energy. Gotta stay safe out there!
Don't even get me started on the budget! After moving and downsizing my collection, I've also got about 6 top-of-the-line bicycles/frames from different makes and styles. There's no way I could afford this many if they were brand new. Plus, with the older frames, most parts are compatible with each other, which makes maintenance and customization easier and more fun

And yep, staying away from Crabbon Fibber (carbon fiber) frames that can spontaneously "asplode" is a smart move*
Likes For Choorliez: