Thread: High PSA
View Single Post
Old 04-26-23, 05:38 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Liked 803 Times in 510 Posts
Originally Posted by daniell
I was able to see my neighborhood urologist today. This is what he said. He checked and said that my prostate was not enlarged. He wants me to have another PSA test in 3 months. If it continues to go up. then he will call for a biopsy.
It's good that you spoke with your Urologist.

A perspective from a soon to be 73 year old diagnosed 8 years ago as 5+5 or Gleason Score 10 PCa (Prostate Cancer) guy *note that only 5 men out of every 100 IN THE WORLD receive a biopsy Gleason Score of 5+5* ------

After having done much research since being diagnosed and speaking with men from around the World with PCa, I would NOW pursue one of the NON-INVASIVE tests available such as --- https://www.exosomedx.com/ --- instead of waiting 3 more months for a PSA test. Just because your prostate is not enlarged means SQUAT, since there could be the typical age related increase of PSA or something caused irritation of the prostate before the blood sample was taken such as sex, riding a lawnmower, riding a bike, heavy lifting .... or could be the presence of PCa.

ALSO, even if the PSA is elevated, it is not an absolute sign of PCa being present.

Good Luck.
Likes For OldTryGuy: