View Single Post
Old 04-28-23, 11:53 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4895 Post(s)
Liked 4,067 Times in 2,636 Posts
Originally Posted by rowerek
I got curious and skeptical about "liver cleanser" so just to make sure, I run a quick google search. The results are below, and I agree.

Did you mean: naturopathic liver cleanse does it really work

A healthy lifestyle, balanced diet, and regular consultations with a doctor are far more valuable to the health of the liver than any fad diet or cleanse.
Liver cleanses offer no proven benefits. To protect liver health, people can adopt a more comprehensive, long-term health strategy.

I did zero research. Just took the pills. For the first month, I felt nothing. Then an increasing level of spacey-ness and all the feeling that came from breathing styrene fumes emitted by catalyzed polyester resin. Feelings I hadn't experienced in 35 years but were once a regular feature of my life. With about three weeks to go in that 90 day regime, those feelings started to wear off and the last two weeks I felt better then I had in many decades.

It was very obvious that I had the same chemicals running through my system again. That study may argue otherwise. Wouldn't be the first time I've been told what I was experiencing was wrong. (I've also noticed that I've never seen a major medical study of the long term effects from exposure to catalyzed fiberglass resin and fumes. Apparently those who had stepped out of boatbuilding for health reasons and told me what I was in for when I started were lying, just as I am now telling you what I experienced.
Likes For 79pmooney: