View Single Post
Old 05-07-23, 03:35 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 572 Posts

My hybrid and I made eight trips this weekend picking up Chick-fil-A hotboxes full of sandwiches and carrying them back to our church for concessions benefitting the youth group. This is the annual Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival and there's a Fireman's Parade on Friday evening and the Grand Feature Parade on Saturday. Because of the parade route, the moo-mobile can get as close as about six blocks from our church (which is downtown, on the parade route), so we need to travel to fetch the sandwiches. This trailer and Trek 750 did the hauling work for me this year (I use a different one of my bikes each year to spread the fun around).

I converted a Thule Chariot into this flatbed utility trailer and it works great for carrying two hotboxes at a time (100 sandwiches). I estimate each full box to weigh about 40 pounds, so it's quite a load on the trailer (but it's got leaf spring suspension and rides really nicely). I have some eye-hooks on all four corners to strap loads down and it's very handy for carting stuff over some distance. We usually park the car way out and bike in to downtown also, so I carry our camp chairs and water and such on the trailer on our way in...do the Chick-fil-A hauling during the day...and then carry our stuff back out after the event is over. It makes for a pretty good day as far as exercise goes!
Likes For hokiefyd: