Old 05-10-23, 05:43 AM
Jughed

Bikes: Lemond Zurich/Trek ALR/Giant TCX/Sette CX1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 603 Post(s)
Liked 856 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
1974 or ‘75, my dad bought me this frame (built by BMX pioneers, Littlejohn/Murphy), and 2 sets of wheels (spoked, not mags) - a steel-rimmed set for banging around the neighborhood, and an aluminum-rimmed set for racing. The steel
set was 3 lbs heavier…I did not like that at all. My dad took me out to the local BMX track a few times, and I raced, but was pretty mediocre at it. I loved this bike for many years, and on summer afternoons with my friends, it took me to places farther away than my mom ever knew. When I was 10(ish), it was stolen outside a bowling alley. I was heart-broken. (Pic is from the internet, not my actual bike)
85/86' I upgraded my Schwinn Phantom Scrambler - a heavy, clunker of a BMX bike - to a fully customized Skyway TA, decked out with all of the freestyle bells and whistles.

The bike was a work of art. As a 12 year old, I worked my ass off on as a mate on a fishing boat to pay for it.

Some moron, a moron that I knew stole it, but couldn't prove it - stole it from me.

Those bikes are selling for a nice chunk of change right now.
Likes For Jughed: