View Single Post
Old 05-22-23, 06:01 PM
rc5781

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
I'm in need of some tire levers that actually work. i broke all three struggling to get a really tight tire onto a rim today. still not on, fortunately i had an extra wheel (front) that allows me to ride. riding is supposed to reduce stress, not cause it.

any recommendations? i actually found some metal ones from park tools. wonder how they leave the rim.

one trouble i have is that i only have two hands, i know, bum luck. it is hard getting the tire on with only two hands, one side of the tire always seems to come off while working on the opposite side.
I use these:
https://www.parktool.com/en-us/produ...ver-set-tl-1-2

Never failed me so far. Used them for mountain bike tires and one road bike tire. If you have a "foldable" mountain bike tire, you can usually put those on with hands only, with inner tube slightly inflated. If not foldable, seat one side of tire bead in rim, insert deflated inner tube. Anchor your first tire lever, use the "hook" end of the second tire lever to seat the majority of the second side of the tire bead. Anchor second tire lever just enough so that the first one doesn't pop out. With 3rd tire lever, place at middle (or slightly closer to 2nd tire lever) of remaining unseated portion of tire bead and pry onto frame. The deflated inner tube helps to prevent unwanted damaged to you inner tube.