Old 05-27-23, 12:06 AM
maddog34

Bikes: !982 Trek 930R Custom, Diamondback ascent with SERIOUS updates, Fuji Team Pro CF and a '09 Comencal Meta 5.5

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1301 Post(s)
Liked 744 Times in 538 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
Thank you everyone. I will put some time in with the bike this weekend and see what I can come up with. I took the bike for a ride last night and the creaking is definitely getting worse. Really detracts from the ride and I am worried I am doing some slight? damage to the frame. Maybe I am just too paranoid...Anyway.

Kontact I will go back and have a better read of your posts. Thank you.

maddog34 Pardon my ignorance. Just so I am clear. The plan is to wrap the wax paper around the seat post and wedge. Kinda like a taco, leaving the back end of the seatpost exposed so I can tighten the bolt. Then slide the seatpost into the frame and tighten. Correct?
that's a good first try... mine is an old school round post.... i just began reviving a cannondale lefty today... CF parts all over it...it has a single layer of electricat tape on the carbon fiber post, not sure if it's a full wrap job... i'll know soon enough... And the bike appears to have many hard miles on it....any bets on if it creaked before the tape went on..? good luck exorcizing your crickets.... i still fight an FSA crankset on my Diamondback rail trail speedster... every five rides or so, apart it comes, fresh grease and fresh torque on the screws... at least the CF seatpost is doing well... hmmm... i wonder if Teflon Tape on the Crank screws might work... hmmmmm.. next time... or maybe i'll finally slap a hollowtech II in... i have one on the shelves, and a fresh BB...
Likes For maddog34: