Old 06-08-23, 11:11 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,632 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Here are the two contenders!

The Santa Fe:

Many of our very own BifeForums members got their start into the bike world on this very steed. This bike is the 'tear-jerker', 'memory-grabber' in our poll. Not necessarily good memories, but nevertheless! This one pulls at the heartstrings, as it represents an innocent childhood being beautifully marred by a heavy, unsafe bicycle as the first real ticket to freedom. A lot going for it!

The Aerowind:

Wow folks, this is it! When Huffy finally got serious, at least in their Marketing Dept. Obviously going after hardcore-yet-uninformed class of up-and-coming racers, this is the 'racier' and 'edgier' option in our poll. Forget nostalgia, we are looking at the future! At least the future of full dumpsters. Not a bad option at all. Who am I kidding, they're both terrible.

Now that you see both options, let me me know which one you'd like to see get torn apart and rebuilt! Its 'nostalgia' vs 'edge' in this mighty battle to the bottom. Once we have our selection, I will then direct my search efforts toward finding one as the base for the next garbage build. Thank you so much for your input and thoughts!
possible visions

aerowind in full time trial layout is my vote

the sante fe as the ultimate townie...go get hipster coffee or go get your growler at the local brewery or both (maybe with a steampunk vibe)