Old 06-26-23, 05:27 PM
LeeG

Liked 88 Times in 71 Posts
Originally Posted by SB1501

i really, really was not having a pleasant time by the end of it. I was sweating buckets. I was struggling to do more than just slowly tick along. It's not what I expected from an e-bike.

What was the problem?
Is it that this was such a heavy bike that the system is intended to just make it a little easier than without?
Was it because it has a cheap / lousy system?
Was the system malfunctioning?
Was it my expectations? (videos often say you still get the same exercise on an e-bike, maybe that exercise is the sweat inducing kind?)

Realistically, I'd like to know if any of you have used a system similar to this, or a bike similar to this, along with the more expensive Bosch drive systems or brand / frames I'm considering such as the Gazelle bike - how does it compare in the real world?

I thought that'd be the nail in the coffin for my cars future, but it really ruled out and stamped out my commute by bike option to be honest - and I'm not happy to say that :-(
It sounds like 75% of your dissapointment is expectations due to unfamiliarity with ebikes and 25% the bike in question. The cheapest ebike will not have a lot of torque or battery capacity so you will discover its limits immediately. Once you focus on the limits you’re immediately into frustration territory. My ebike is a kit midrive that weighs more than that bike and the kit costs about the same as that bike. It also has gobs more power and I can hit its limits immediately. The issue is to work/play below those limits. I’d suggest to keep trying things out and adjusting your expectations to what you learn.
Likes For LeeG: