View Single Post
Old 06-29-23, 11:19 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Liked 8,478 Times in 4,002 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
So you believed him when he said he used clipless pedals? The great all knowing and omnipotent fount of knowledge, the all seeing stream of consciousness was sucked in to following "fashion" like the ignorant masses? Duped by marketing like so many crazed lemmings? Say it ain't so!

And in a moment of clarity, he saw the error of his ways and decided to poop on others who have made the same faux pas.
In hindsight, after my initial post, I realized that he has been around long enough to have maybe had some experience with clipless pedals. Making the assumption of ignorance was possibly inaccurate. Interestingly, the time period he said he started using them is the same as mine (and probably yours). There seems to be a lack of awareness that other folks have also been doing this cycling thing for a long time, have had lots of different experiences with different things, and have done their own research.