View Single Post
Old 06-29-23, 07:07 PM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,217 Times in 654 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirt Road Blues
Hey, thanks! I saw your 830 and can easily reciprocate the compliment. A straight forward and honest bike. I imagine its a nice ride too. I had a 510 sports tourer once that was built with 501 Reynolds. Good tubes! As far I know I've never ridden a True Temper frame before so I didn't know what I might expect for ride quality when i decided to build my 830. After cruising around town a bit, and a short day on some single track, I have zero complaints.

I was impressed that you also chose gravelkings for your Trek. I ran a pair on a road bike before and was happy with them, but I'm finding that their performance really shines in wider widths, and off pavement. Great tire for an early ATB.
Thanks, man. Yeah, these new Gravel Kings haven't seen much off road use yet. Been commuting on them the past couple weeks and these tires are nice on the beat up Chicago streets. I'll report back once they've seen summer gravel action. I'm sure they'll be great, though.