View Single Post
Old 07-02-23, 09:48 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3239 Post(s)
Liked 1,798 Times in 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood

BTW I'm shopping for a new car and whether a hitch is available is one of the things I'm looking at. So far, I've yet to come across a model that wasn't designed for one.
Not shopping for Alfa Giulia, Audi S7, or new Toyota Supra, eh?

It’s not as rare as you think for cars not to be designed for trailer hitches, and while that doesn’t mean one couldn’t be rigged up, msu2001la ’s point to consider the amount of work required to do it is well made. Cutting up valances, disabling park sensors and forgoing cross-traffic alerts and auto-parking are things which should be considered.

My ‘11 Mini Cooper S Clubman with JCW Aero package has none of that whiz-bang stuff, but is definitely not designed to take hitch. Curt would sell me one for an ‘11 Cooper, but it’s designed for the base bumper style and even then requires cutting the bumper cover, but the Clubman JCW is very different and would require relocating the license plate if not rerouting one of the twin exhaust pipes…if it’s even possible.