Old 07-20-23, 08:29 PM
gstein

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 40 Posts
I Can’t Stop Buying Vintage Schwinn Road Bikes

I still own the Schwinn Sierra mountain bike I bought when I was in high school (over 30 years ago!). Other than that MTB, I’ve never owned another Schwinn in my life, until now. Over the last month I have bought 4 Schwinn road bikes: a 1988 Premis, a 1987 Super Sport, a 1987 Tempo and a 1986 Tempo.

I have no idea why I all of a sudden have the vintage Schwinn bug. All of them were acquired for a low price, and I guess I felt the need to restore them to some degree…hate seeing bikes that have been neglected.

The Premis is 100% original, including the saddle and tires. The only consumable that may not be original could be the bar wrap.

The Super Sport has the original Shimano 600 groupset. Original saddle as well. Need to rewrap the bars white to match the original look of the bike.

1986 Tempo has 105 groupset. Since the saddle was in bad shape I decided to wrap it with custom leather and then matched the bar tape as well.

1987 Tempo has the 105 groupset with replacement saddle.

At this pint my only hope is people stop posting vintage Scwhinns in my area! I’m going to run out of room! LOL.

1986 Tempo

1987 Super Sport

1988 Premis

1987 Tempo

​​​​​​​