Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,973 Times in 1,408 Posts
Originally Posted by spyderjohnson
Calsun said it best in an earlier post "This is not rocket science and not any different than what experienced cyclists knew and used on their rides a half century ago. What has changed is the profitable marketing of magical food products like Gatorade and keto bars to the public which is now a multi-billion dollar industry."
Wrong. Being anti-science has become a fad in this country. BTW, road cyclists don't eat keto bars. Nope. And I haven't seen anyone on our group rides use Gatorade in at least a decade. Get out and do a fast 7000' double metric, see how that goes. One should be able to do at least a century on any given day, no special prep. I love this stuff.

The way science works is you get some hair-brained idea and you experiment with it. See how that goes. Normally, you're wrong but you learn from that and come up with a new idea, experiment with that, see how that goes. Etc. Go at it. That how we all got to be doing what we do. It wasn't advertising, I assure you. The interesting part is that everyone's different and no one can know everything.