Old 07-23-23, 10:31 AM
mams99

Bikes: Pedego Stretch 2016 (electric cargo bike for around town and grocery shopping, Small surly Ogre (2015), Bianchi Advantage (46cm) 1993, Bike Friday NWT, 2005

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I'd send BF the pictures of the dents and ask them for their opinion. Call them first and let them know you are sending the pics and it might be a safety issue. They're pretty busy so you want to make sure someone notices your request.
I have actually done this. They say it could be fine, but it's also a big dent and they can't know without looking at it. I know EXACTLY how they got it too - it's the plastic indent from the thing you are supposed to use for packing it in the case to keep from crushing the bike and denting it. AND they clearly say how important it is to pack it correct to avoid such dents. Sigh... I recognize the dent "imprint" since I have a bike Friday and know the thing/shap that created it.

If I were to buy a new one - that is over 3K. This is about 800 shipped. but it could be $800 too much if the frame is really damaged.