Old 07-26-23, 07:15 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Liked 1,556 Times in 862 Posts
Soon to be 71, the past 10 years have been my most rewarding in 50 plus years of road cycling. I pedaled, with no assist, 50,000 miles in that time, and, acquired tools and learned how to do all bike work myself. That excludes wheels, except for basic truing. I have nothing against anyone that uses any kind of electric bike, I just like riding how I ride. My 61 year old sister purchased an electric assist type bike and says it has opened up a whole new world for her. She would have never gotten into cycling if not for that. It folds and is easy to get into, out of, her vehicle. I helped her with getting a basket and bags on the bike, showed her how to get her beach stuff securely mounted, and gave her a helmet. She was using it to go to the beach and local parks and wildlife areas. No $3 an hour for parking, no entry fee into any of the park or wildlife areas. That includes state and federal areas. Also, no waiting in a long line of vehicles for that entry. I can see myself getting one if I get to where I cannot do it under my own power, with electric assist being the way I would go.
Likes For delbiker1: