Old 07-26-23, 05:28 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10601 Post(s)
Liked 12,206 Times in 6,255 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I'm not generally one to defend a neighbor with misplaced and irrational anger based in ignorance, especially after folks with real-world, first-hand knowledge have shared factual information that contradicts your position.

No one did that. Your LBS missed something (humans - ugh!!) with the final assembly of your bike, and corrected the issue when it was brought to their attention. Sounds to me like they behaved as a good shop would.
My LBS has always done excellent work, but one time they didn't torque down the NDS pedal all the way and after an hour, during a fairly intense workout on the trainer the steel pedal thread pulled the aluminum crank threads out and the pedal fell off. They fixed it for free, no questions.

Now, tbf, the owner didn't say anything about it being their fault, and I didn't ask. I would not expect him to, in our litigious society - "So, did you or did you not tell my client, 'Oops! My bad!'" - but he made it right, which is what I wanted. Which is why I still take my bikes to him when I can't do something myself.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: