Old 07-29-23, 08:07 PM
firebird854

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Tarmac Expert

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttom
I got the app planned a ride and it did a very good job with road selections, sent it to my garmon without a hitch so yeah I think this one is a keeper.
There are some roads around here that turn into gravel but the map does not show it as gravel, none of the apps I have used so far show the gravel portions.
How can I get that corrected on the map?
It could be very inconvenient for a skinny tire road bike rider to discover they have to turn around or walk it 4 miles.
So, I've been meaning to add an option that adds a quick right-click and update for the surface type. However, it does already kind of exist, by navigating to the Open Street Map site, individuals can add the corrected surface info. As I've ran into the exact same issue, I've developed and added a classification AI that can pull satellite images throughout the unknown portions of your route and attempt to add this information, as demonstrated here: https://i.imgur.com/ycs7pEe.mp4

Also, great to hear about the connection to Garmin! Myself, and my two roomates, all have Garmin devices, so this was pretty critical. It did take over a month to integrate though and came with a bunch of challenges, so I'm super glad to hear it went off without a hitch!