View Single Post
Old 07-31-23, 07:05 AM
RJC1811

Bikes: Giant Defy 1, Univega Viva Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Rolling hills in my area everywhere. I can’t do even a short ride without hitting 8-10%. My street has a short 10-11% section and I live on top of a larger hill so the end of my rides are always a climb. I sometimes do intervals on my street and climb it over and over. I usually do that if it really windy or threatening rain. I live near a glacier formed lake so all the hills coming up from the lake are steep. The street coming up from the lake closest to me is a great workout but I have to be in the mood for it. It starts with a short rise to scrub off any speed you carried from the lakefront. Then you get a short false flat and then hit the wall, it immediately goes to 8% and gradually gets steeper topping at15%. The crest seems to go on forever but you finally get a short 1-2% downhill to catch your breath. Then the long climb to the top starts at 5-6% but hits 10% at the top, very cruel. In total it’s only .77 miles long but I’m slow and old so it kicks my butt. There’s steeper roads around but I just don’t have the power to climb them. There’s a century ride in the area that features 10K of climbing, they do all the toughest climbs.
Likes For RJC1811: