View Single Post
Old 08-11-23, 04:05 PM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Keep in mind that the definition of "Moped" varies by state. While I am sure you did your research to determine that these fall under the definition of "Moped" in your state, it may not be the same for residents of other states. You should also be aware that mopeds generally have licensing and insurance requirements VIN numbers, titles, certificates of origin and the like, again depending on the actual state.

I am sure that you did your research. There is no way you would use the word "moped" to describe something that is not a moped.

Of course, the article is quite clear that this is an eBike:
The 78 lb (35 kg) Class 3 e-bike can hit speeds of up to 20 mph (32 km/h) on throttle-only control, or even higher speeds of up to 26 mph (42 km) in pedal assist.
Further, on the Trek site, they do not market it as a Moped. Yes, I realize that the title of the article does use the word, "Moped." However, it falls on the reader to read beyond the title.

Last edited by Robert C; 08-11-23 at 04:10 PM.
Likes For Robert C: