Old 08-12-23, 04:24 PM
Classtime 

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 2,092 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by yeamac
The main demographic for e-bikes is going to be riders over 50. Not sure how you can have no mention of them in a 50+ forum.

There is a lot of false assumptions and misinformation about e-bikes by some non e-bike riders. I faced a similar thing when I purchased my electric vehicle two years ago, and still do. EVs are somewhat understandable because I tend to run in conservative circles and EVs have been politicized (unfortunately). I must admit I'm shocked to find a disdain of e-bikes in a 50 plus cycling forum. Maybe not for you, but not for anybody because not for you?
I assumed that there is a motor that adds significant power to the rear wheel of an e-bike. I apologize for accepting the misinformation as fact. Southern Calfornia beach cities electric bike riders are approximately evenly distributed across age groups. That you and others promote electric motor bikes as just a bicycle for old people who won't accept riding a bike within their ability is annoying and I believe a problem when motorized vehicles are now permitted to use infrastructure that has historically been off limits to motorized vehicles.

I would like the mods to close this thread. The poll is closed and I can go back to ignoring this electric motor bike marketing nonsense.